|Address:||Páirc Mhic Shithigh, Listowel, Co. Kerry|
|Notes:||Current Weekly Notes|
In 1885 a meeting to form a G.A.A. Club was held. The following resolution was proposed and seconded: "That we, the people of Listowel in public meeting assembled, hereby establish a branch of the G.A.A." A club was then formed with the following officers: J. W. Keane was appointed President; M. Murphy, Vice-President; Richard Stack, Treasurer and M. J. Flavin, Honorary Secretary. |
Since those early days the club has grown beyond recognition and in 2002 Frank Sheehy Park was closed for major re-development. Work got underway in 2003 and the pitch as well as the upgraded changing facilities and club rooms reopened again in May 2004 much to the delight of every player, club organiser, committee member and local people in general.
Since its reopening, the pitch has hosted many games and was once again the training ground for the senior team victory in the North Kerry Championship Final in December of 2004 and continues to be the back bone of the preparations of all twenty five registered teams in the club from senior to juvenile underage boys and girls.